Re: metrics smetrics<34679B4F.1563@virgin.net>

To: "p.bird" <p.bird@virgin.net>
Subject: Re: metrics smetrics<34679B4F.1563@virgin.net>
From: RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 1997 09:17:12 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK
[snip]
>I know it's a little late but, my condolances Australia on your enforced
>metric system. I hope it never happens here. I like being 5'11" not
>1.81m.

Hmmm, quite agree, although I'm not sure which sounds worst, 16.5 stone or 105
kilo's :-)

Rich,

On a Triumph note, I had my windscreen shatter on the way to work on Friday,
christ almighty, did that scare the sh*t outta me or what, and what a damn mess
to clear up to.  Bitch of  a job getting a new(Ok Ok, so's it's an old one from
my lockup) one in too, struggled for about 2-3 hours with the old bit of
string, even removed the dash top to give me a bit of extra clearance(and
cracked it putting it back in!!!!), was about to give up for the day, when a
friend drove by and got collared to help, 10 minutes later it was in!!!!  Don't
ya just hate people who know what their doing!!! :-) :-)

Cheerio

Rich