RE: Kawi Bike Motor in Spit

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Kawi Bike Motor in Spit
From: Jacob ben-David Zimmerman <zimerman@MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 1997 12:06:52 EST
As an ignorant question, besides the problem of mounting the bike motor,
would it have enough torque?  I know it develops lots of HP at the high end,
revs high, etc. but is only designed to spool up maybe 500lbs of bike plus
rider.  Our cars weigh lots more than that, and have more rolling resistance.
Would it be able to handle it?

...just outta curiousity.  I don't even have a Spit to put one in (I do have
a '91 Kawasaki Zephyr 750, though!)

-JB
Jacob ben-David Zimmerman - MITDACS - RAND Corporation
http://uss-repulse.starfleet.com/home.html     mail:zimerman@mit.edu
"I never drive faster than I can see.  Besides, it's all in the
reflexes." -Jack Burton