Engin conversions

To: triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Engin conversions
From: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 10:04:46 +0000
Has anyone considered taking out a spit 1500 engin and placing in
a Spitfire merlin type engin.  With 2 speed supper charger ect.
I had a look at the car, and I'm thinking, you could run the engin from
the
fule tank to the end of the radeator OK. That through where the gearbox
goes
between the driver and the pasanger.  You would need to sort out the
problems
of suspension gearbox(remote controle), and big cluch but it mite work.
saw them on TV sunday Channel 4?  The cylinder head when stood upwright
was as tall as an average bloke.  Supose the other option is the
huricane
engin.

Hummm.

The other idea I had was a hover fan on each carb on the spit, beaing
used
as a super charger, although this may be still in cockoo land.

I have just obtained chrome air filters for an austin maxi, and went
to put them on, and found the whole as too big, so I'm thinking what
about
maxi carbs on a spit.  Would you have to change the manafold, or could
you get away with the standard.

--
James Carpenter
Yellow '79 spit wired by a (not very) well trained monkey