RE: TR6 spring replacement

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: TR6 spring replacement
From: cpoulin@i2020.net (Chuck Poulin)
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 1997 09:55:32 -0500
Keith Taylor wrote:

> I'm trying to replace the road springs on my TR6. The procedures
> in the Bentley manual look really simple, but I'm stuck.
>
> 1. I followed all the steps up to removing the bolt securing the
>    trunion to the lower wishbone. I've got the split pin and nut off,
>    but I can't budge the bolt. Is there some trick to it?
>
> 2. Bentley doesn't mention the use of spring compressors. Are they
>    really not needed for this job?
>
> Thanks,
> Keith Taylor
> 75 TR6

Going with a spring compressor is the way to go.  TRF sells one made for
the TR6.  If you mess up with a coil spring, the damage you need to
worry least would be to your car.  COILS CAN KILL!

Also, if the front suspension has never been rebuilt, you might have
lots of rust around those front end bolts, which require BIG wrenches.

Chuck Poulin