RE: replacement sway bars for a TR6

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: replacement sway bars for a TR6
From: cpoulin@i2020.net (Chuck Poulin)
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 1997 10:11:50 -0500
Robert wrote:

I am thinking about taking on a winter project of adding a rear sway bar
and upgrading the front. I currently get a lot of front end plow with my
TR6. I forget if that is considered over or understeer. Does anyone have
any experience with the Addco upgrades or the Good parts kits? Do they
make
much of a difference? Thanks in advance for any input.

Robert,

I installed a front and rear set of Addco sway bars, along with uprated
springs, nylatron bushings, rear spax tube shock conversion, and
replacement of all parts that could wear out.  My goal was to get the
TR6 to handle as well as my stock 1991 Honda Civic SI.  The sway bars
are good for the price (Got mine form JC Whitney for $80 a set). I added
an aluminum locating cone, sold by Triumph Tune, to the rear set.  My
only complaint about the setup, is it is "Clunky".

When I get my replacement frame built (Terminal Rust), I plan to go back
to stock springs.  The uprated ones are way too stiff (TRF supplied).

TRF is selling another type of sway bar, that looks like it uses "Rod
Ends".  If you have the Dollars, it might be the way to go.

Chuck Poulin