Re: Compressor data wanted

To: John Gillis <jgillis@tcd.ie>
Subject: Re: Compressor data wanted
From: Zink <zink@pdq.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 15:07:26 -0600
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

> >Larry
> >Thanks for the data, yes it is a vertical type, with the motor on top
> of
> >the tank, but the motor itself seems to be a 1.5hp unit, how would
> this
> >perform c.f.m wise??. I don't know how to tell if this is a two stage
> >motor or not, any clues???.
> >

> John Gillis
> 1954 TR2 TS3618. October 1954 (ground up)
> 1964 Triumph 3TA 350cc (a little gem)
> Trinity College
> Dublin,
> IRELAND.

John, I find it hard to believe that the unit is only 1.5 hp, is it a
split phase motor with a capacitor piggy backed on the motor?  And you
also have to take into consideration the ratio between the drive pulley
and the driven pulley on the pump.  With the correct ratio pulleys you
could probably generate 8+ hp at the pump.  With this size of unit it is
probably rated at 5 hp and will probably generate 8.5-9.2 cfm at 90
psi.  For the home shop it would be a great addition, and with permanent
mounting to a concrete base you can plumb air lines all over the shop
area for convenience.

Larery Zink