Re: replacement sway bars for a TR6

To: list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, Robert Roudolf <robertr@digex.net>
Subject: Re: replacement sway bars for a TR6
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 20:14:05 -0500
Robert Rudolphi writes:

>I am thinking about taking on a winter project of adding a rear sway bar
>and upgrading the front. I currently get a lot of front end plow with my
>TR6. I forget if that is considered over or understeer. Does anyone have
>any experience with the Addco upgrades or the Good parts kits? Do they
make
>much of a difference? Thanks in advance for any input.
>Robert Rudolphi
>74 TR6

Robert,

That's exactly what I did. I went from 5/8" to 7/8 up front and added
a bar at the rear to tame the understear (front end plow.)   Be advised
that adding the rear bar will bump you from "Stock" to "Street Prepaired"
in the Auto-X world.

Addco published a book years ago titled "Handling, What It Is and How
to Get It."  If you call them, ask if it is still available.  It does a
good job of explaining handling in layman's terms.  I recommend it.

Dave
71 TR6
74 TR6
78 TR7