RE: Interior restoration

To: "'Will O'Brien'" <hobrien@webos1.com>, "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Interior restoration
From: David Moag <moag@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 16:29:28 -0800
Will,

I did the doors myself on my 77 Spitfire. It didn't take long, and they
look fantastic. You can pick up the vinyl (I used marine type so that it
fades more slowly), bought the backing board (traced my old one on it),
bought new foam, contact cement, and put the whole thing together for about
$40 for both doors. You have to glue the vinyl onto the back of the board,
because I doubt you can find the 1/8" staples/gun you need, but that part
goes nice if you take your time and do a small piece at a time. If you go
to a good vinyl supplier, they can match whatever you have your seats done
in.

- Dave Moag
77 Spitfire
62 TR3B