RE: Interior restoration

To: hobrien@webos1.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, moag@ix.netcom.com
Subject: RE: Interior restoration
From: "L.D. Hooven" <dirty_howi@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 16:43:47 PST

>Will,
>
>I did the doors myself on my 77 Spitfire. It didn't take long, and they
>look fantastic. You can pick up the vinyl (I used marine type so that
it
>fades more slowly), bought the backing board (traced my old one on it),
>bought new foam, contact cement, and put the whole thing together for
about
>$40 for both doors. You have to glue the vinyl onto the back of the
board,
>because I doubt you can find the 1/8" staples/gun you need, but that
part
>goes nice if you take your time and do a small piece at a time. If you
go
>to a good vinyl supplier, they can match whatever you have your seats
done
>in.
>
>- Dave Moag
>77 Spitfire
>62 TR3B
>

>On Wednesday, December 17, 1997 4:08 PM, Will O'Brien
>[SMTP:hobrien@webos1.com] wrote:
>

>> Interior:
>> I may have seats and door custom made.  Any recommendations for when
>have
>> it done?  I have read the stuff on www.vtr.org.  I get to do the
whole
>> thing, so any ideas or experiences are welcome.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

>> Will

>> Will O'Brien
>> OS Design & Consulting
>> email: hobrien@webos1.com
>> alt email: will@students.missouri.edu

dave,

this may sound stupid, but can one panel be used for both doors (flip
the rh panel over to make left door)? i dont' see why not, but since
murphy lives at my house..........

larry, 1979 spitfire (currently in permanant convertible
mode)

of all the things i've lost i miss my mind the most,
i stopped to think one day and forgot to start again