Re: TR6 Transmission Enhancements?

To: twalli@vanheusen.com
Subject: Re: TR6 Transmission Enhancements?
From: WINDOWSEET <WINDOWSEET@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 14:21:22 EST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
I agree. The use of needle bearings in the TR transmissions has to contribute
to lack of strength and durability. In looking at other manuafcturers
transmission designs I find the counter gears supported by roller bearings
carried in the ends of the gear case, just like the input shaft. No needle
bearings here. I don't know if the bushings would provide enough support as
they tend to be "soft" material. And it would be difficult to get lubrication
to the bearing surface. However, some busings have grooves in them to carry
lubricant.

Greg Wolf
1970 GT6+ "Ian"
Ann Arbor, Michigan