Attention "Limey Listers" - help needed across the pond

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Attention "Limey Listers" - help needed across the pond
From: Dave Terrick <dterrick@pangea.ca>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 23:05:13 -0600
Dave Terrick here in Winnipeg, Canada.

Please ignore this message if you have no knowledge of Ford Fiesta Stuff.

And please do not take the stereotype as anything except the "filter".  It
did get your attention, right?

A while back  I posted that I retired my GT6 racer in favor of a "beatable"
Fiesta Mk I (1977).  I need to procure eurpoean gears for this car for our
track to be competitive.  My Haynes manual suggests that a 1300 cc Mk I has
the correct  - or more apropriate - ratios.  I need:

- a higher numerical 4th gear (ie .95 or .96)
- a higher numerical final drive (ie 3.84 or higher)
- capability to 120 bhp or so.
-bolt up to a Ford Kent block.

There is also an outside possibility that I can eventually run a Cosworth
BDA 1300 (dollars permitting, some decade) in this shell.  As is, I run the
1300 head ported,  40 DCOE's,   Janspeed rally exhaust,  Kent BCF3 cam,
balanced, lightened flywheel.  F Ford racers eat your heart out!

Do any gearboxes for this beast exist in the breakers' yards anymore?!?  I
have access to a shipping company (as a favor)  but oddly enough no
breakers have  websites.  And no, I do not want to pay retail for the parts
to an aftermarket retailer in the  USA.  They are pricey.

I intend to wrestle the Modified Production title from a Nissan (a close
relative to the dreaded M@#$A).  And there is at least some blue blud in
the Ford.  The Cosworth is a pipe dream.  A $5000 trophy?!?

Any leads?

Thanks in advance

DAve Terrick