Re: TR6 Broken bonnet release cable

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR6 Broken bonnet release cable
From: Carl & Janis Owen <crowen@sat.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 1997 14:07:15 -0600
R. Andrew Davenport wrote:

> Help.......my 74 TR6 bonnet release cable has broken, with the bonnet
> down of course !  I've reviewed the mechanical help section offered by
> VTR and was wondering if any of you have had first hand experience or
> can offer any additional advice. I plan to remove the glove box to
> access the engine compartment.  Any suggestions ?.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Andrew D.

Andrew,
Don't waste your time removing the glove box!!! I remember opening the
hood on a customers car a long time ago and here's what I did. Take the
hoop prop rod off a jap car. The end has a hook on it. It is possible to
raise the right rear of the high enough (being careful not to damage
hood or fender) to push the rod through and hook it to the lock
mechanism and pull to open the hood. It helps to have a second car to
get a feel for distance to hood mechanism, etc. Hope this helps.

Carl