Re: TR6 Broken bonnet release cable

To: "R. Andrew Davenport" <geist@texas.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Broken bonnet release cable
From: stu-jo bollen <stu.jo@ibm.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 08:52:39 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
R. Andrew Davenport wrote:

> Help.......my 74 TR6 bonnet release cable has broken, with the bonnet
> down of course !  I've reviewed the mechanical help section offered by
> VTR and was wondering if any of you have had first hand experience or
> can offer any additional advice. I plan to remove the glove box to
> access the engine compartment.  Any suggestions ?.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Andrew D.

Andrew, I was able to pry up the corner of the hood sufficiently to get
a piece of bent coat hanger in and hook it around the release lever. You
have to be careful not to spring the hood though. The second time when
it actually jammed on me, I took a hole saw and cut a 1" diameter hole
in the firewall right where the angle changes from the footwell. This
gave me plenty of room to get a screwdriver in. I then fitted a large
rubber plug in the hole. Since then, Moss sells an auxiliary kit which
comes thru the firewall on the passenger side I believe