Younger..., distributer Qusetion, and Parts tip

To: triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Younger..., distributer Qusetion, and Parts tip
From: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 13:45:24 +0000
At first I reconed that I have owned a LBC since 20,
OK I'm still 20, but then on thinking back, I remeberd
my first car, at the age of 18 I got an Austin.  It was
Little, British (pre Rover BMW merger thing), and it bare
a vage resemblance of a car.  It may a driven like you
average shopping troly, but it was a 1.3 Metro Sport, with
Sunroof, Five, not Three doors, self ajusting suspension
(realy leaky hydrogas).  It was blessed with the Lucas
electrics, the only improvements lucas made were relays
for the lights and a hall efect distributer.  It
started every time, and almost got to 80MPH whilst goind
down a hill on the M4 between bath and bristol.  I used
to pull 6000+ revs with it in first to overtake XR2's when
I descided to sell it.  And it still went, OK I screwed the
gearbox, but... so what.

So I can safely say ALL my cars have been british, and
I have owned them since 18.

A question, the Metro had a Lucas 4Dm65??? distributer,
with hall effect transisters, has anybody fitted this to a
spitfire, I think it will fit, and give better tuning than
points.  I have the advance specs for this distributer, does
any one have them for a spitfire? Any one tryed to fit it?

Intrestingly the oil filter, oil pressuer switch, reversing
light switch are exactly the same as the spitfires.
Bare this in mind when looking for parts.  The other this
is the indecator stalks are the same, allong with most of the
electrical conections.  Infact I had to do exactly the same
reversing light rewire on the metro and spitfire, nice to
see the learn.  Given how comon meros are there must be
loads of these bits arround.

--
James Carpenter
Yellow '79 spit wired by a trained marmot