Re: Recovering Seats

To: "Chris Lillja" <Chris_Lillja@Pupress.Princeton.Edu>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Recovering Seats
From: pearesto@totcon.com (pearesto)
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 11:21:22 -0800
Leather seems to be a bit more pliable than vinyl.  It is actually very
easy with the kits.  Just do one at a time, so if you cannot remember how
it goes together you have a reference.  Keep all old hardware until done,
you may need it.  I did both seats in my TR8 in about 3 hours.  I even got
my wife to help(I bet that must be some sort of record, huh?).  It is
really not too hard.  Do it on carpet and not concrete, it scuffs the
material.  I learned that first hand.

Good luck

John

----------
> From: Chris Lillja <Chris_Lillja@Pupress.Princeton.Edu>
> To: triumphs@autox.team.net
> Subject: Recovering Seats
> Date: Monday, December 22, 1997 7:40 AM
>
> Dear Listers,
>
> I have just rec'ed my new leather seat covers from TRF. I already have
seat foams to
> replace the old ones.
>
> This is a new area for me... I have never done any interior work...who's
done this job
> and can you share any helpful hints? There are upolstry shops in town I
could possibly
> take them to...I'll be doing the new wool carpets myself....
>
> Some say that it's cake other say go with the professional. Does leather
make any
> difference? Any special tools that could make my life easier?
>
> ...and BTW I'll be having my list mail forwarded home over the holidays
so if any one
> gets any mail from captgonzo@aol.com, do not be alarmed.... I understand
I won't be able