tr6 radiator duct

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: tr6 radiator duct
From: "Jim Hill" <jrhill1@facstaff.wisc.edu>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 12:36:04 -0600
Cc: peterz@merak.com
Comments: Authenticated sender is <jrhill1@facstaff.wisc.edu>
Peter Zaborski, who wants to replace his TR6 radiator
cowling says he's "hoping to make my own. Not knowing
anything about plastic fabrication I am looking for
some hints on how to proceed . . .".

Let me admit right up front that I'm not a big fan of
ANYthing plastic. I'm sure that an adequate radiator
cowling could be fashioned using the materials and
techniques suggested already, although I'd be
concerned about heat damage to some plastics.

No matter how nice you fabricate it, however, it will
still look like--well--plastic. Finding a high
temperature paint that will actually bond with the
plastic may not be that easy either.

I'd strongly second Jody's suggestion that you buy the
fabricated aluminum shroud that Good Parts sells. Its
a quality piece, its not all that expensive, and it
looks terrific. You can even get one with a fitting
for a duct to an aluminum air box (which Richard also
makes).

I have no interest, financial or otherwise, yadda
yadda . . .

But I have purchased both sway bars, bushing kits and
steering racks from Good Parts and they are indeed
good parts.

You can contact Good Parts at:

Richard Good
Good Parts