Re: Refitting clutch on '79 Spitfire.

To: "Michael Holmes" <mholmes@sirius.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Refitting clutch on '79 Spitfire.
From: pearesto@totcon.com (pearesto)
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 17:20:30 -0800
Mike

I don't know if this will help but put the trans into a gear.  Then turn
the rear while pushing it and it will stop when it engaged the splines.
Then move it around until it catches the pilot bushing.

Oh yeah did you check to be sure the splines matched your tranny?  You may
have the wrong plate(lets hope not though.)