Re: TR7 value (if any)

To: LBOTTOM2 <LBOTTOM2@aol.com>
Subject: Re: TR7 value (if any)
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 18:57:10 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

LBOTTOM2 wrote:

> I have a 75 TR7 with a vin of ACL407U. In doing some background, I beleive
> that would make this number 407 off the line, one of the first built. I
> understand their poor reputation (I like this car, despite what I read and
> hear!), but wonder if this makes any differance in terms of  future value or
> collectability? Thanks.

Steve,
Who cares what others think about your car.  People turned up their noses at the
lowely Edsel when it came out and look at the prices that a properly maintained
or restored one now brings.  The low number may not make much difference in the
later value.  What will make the biggest difference is how it is kept.  The
value may actually be increased by people's willingness to scrap the cars thus
making them more rare.

Joe Curry   '63 Spit