HS2 Carbs & Rim Sandblasting

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: HS2 Carbs & Rim Sandblasting
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 1997 12:58:15 -0600
Comments: Authenticated sender is <Brad.Kahler@pop.141.com>
I'm in the process of trying to tune the HS2 carbs on my 1964
spitfire.  I've installed new kits, replaced the needles and put in
in oversized throttle shafts.  The engine runs pretty good with right
now but I have a couple of things that don't appear to be right.

1)      When the engine is stopped there is a little puddling of gas in
the throat of the carb body.  It doesn't appear to be excessive but
should it be there at all?

2)      When sandblasting wheel rims, should the entire rim be sandblasted
or just the parts that show.  When painting the rims won't the paint
be chipped off when the tire is put back on?

Thanks
Brad
1964 Spitfire