RE: seeking TR6 Rear end advice

To: "'Cregg Cowan'" <cowan@lax.erg.sri.com>
Subject: RE: seeking TR6 Rear end advice
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 1997 12:52:58 -0700
Cc: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>

        I would recommend getting the diff drilled and tapped for a
drain plug. Also, you might want to consider replacing the vent hole
plug with one of the ones like new cars have (a plastic "valve" type of
thing). Also might as well do the u-joints (all 6) while all the stuff
is accessible. Have the mounts checked for the dreaded right front
passenger side mount crack - if it is cracked have it repaired while the
diff is out.

        I just did all this on my car - well worth it. The car feels a
lot tighter than before (in my case the mount was cracked but not too
badly so the repair was pretty simple).

        I have pictures at http://www.cyberbia.com/peterz/tr6/index.html
under "Diff Images".

        HTH,