Re: TR6 Trunnion Assy Question

To: Vito Pacione <vito@argohouston.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Trunnion Assy Question
From: "Jeff S. Hapke" <hapkejs@cig.mot.com> "TR6 Trunnion Assy Question" (Dec 27, 8:52pm)
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 1997 14:37:11 -0600 (CST)
Comments: ( Received on motgate.mot.com from client mothost.mot.com, sender hapkejs@cig.mot.com )
> Subject: TR6 Trunnion Assy Question
> I have a question about assembling the lower trunions. I know you have to
> fill them with oil to about 25% full, but are you supposed to lubricate the
> bolt/bushings/washers that go throught the trunnion and frame brackets, or
> leave them dry?
>
>-- End of excerpt from Vito Pacione

Grease them. I just finished rebuilding/bushing my front suspension. I had to
replace the lower wishbones because the bolt/sleeve had rusted. The rust caused
the nylon bushing to wear through, so I had metal on metal for a while. Make
sure that your wishbone ends are not worn oval. I added a zerk fitting to the
trunnion to allow lubrication in the future.

--
Jeff S. Hapke   Motorola CIPG Arlington Heights, IL