Re: Standard-Triumph Engines.

To: jtnichol@m4.sprynet.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Standard-Triumph Engines.
From: GuyotLeonF <GuyotLeonF@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 18:10:37 EST
In a message dated 29/12/97  23:08:10, you write:

<< Leon,

 He may have said it but his company doesn't practice it. My '86 TVR 280i
 has factory installed Bosch K-Jetronic fuel injection on a German Ford
 V-6 engine. It's more likely that BMW is due to phase out the Rover V-8
 engine family in favor of more modern BMW V-8s. This is planned for a
 future version of the Range Rover for example. Also TVR is now building
 their own engines in several cylinder and displacement configurations
 for their new cars. Only the Griffith soldiers on with the Rover engine.

 John T. Nichols
 '58 TR3A TS32093L 'O'
 '86 TVR 280i
 Manassas, VA

Thanxs,that is interesting to know.
Perhaps then,he was speaking of a BMW V8 ?
I hope your 86 TVR was better finished/assembled than my friends' Chimera.
It may be a fine car by design,but the quality of the car is 'open to
question'
to say the least!

ps.Happy New Year

Leon F Guyot