Re: Help Me Before I Succumb

To: Nick <Nickbk@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Help Me Before I Succumb
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 1997 18:56:56 -0800
Cc: Triumph Guys <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>

Nick wrote:

> Fellow Addicts-
>
> My check book is quivering...
> I'm being tempted by a TR8 of late, and it has finally come to the
> penultimate moment...either buy it, or forget it. So, I'm turning to all my
> buddies...HELP...
> Is there a twelve step program for "angloautophilia" ?
> Or is this a good idea and I'm freaking over nothing. My experience with
> the "wedgies" is notably poor. Are there things to look out for ? Problem
> areas ? (Problem areas...for crying out loud, get a grip...of course there
> are)  Anyone care to jump in on this one ?
> The few specifics I have are:
> 1980
> Convert
> 50k miles
> FI
> Calif car
> Repainted same color
> New top
> Not driven for 2 years

Nick,
Sounds to me like you are looking for somebody to tell you do do what you have
already decided.  So, since I'm easy, (or so I've been told) I'll help you out.

GO AHEAD AND BUY IT.  If you don't, you'll always have that nagging thought
that you should have.

However, don't come crying to me if it turns out to be a lemon.

Good Luck!!!
Joe Curry