Re: Spitfire/GT6 Front End Height Adjustment

To: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>, Triumph Mail List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Spitfire/GT6 Front End Height Adjustment
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@scooter.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 1998 18:55:39 -0500
At 09:24 AM 1/3/98 -0800, Joe Curry wrote:
>In light of the recent thread about cutting springs to achieve the
>desired height of the front end of a Spit or GT6, I noticed that Spit
>BIts has a January Special on SPAX Front Shocks with adjustable seats.
>THis allows adjustment of the spring height.  THe sale price is $122.00.
>
>Likely a much better alternative to butchering springs.
>
>Joe Curry

On my '79 Spit, I am running '70 springs, which lower the front a bit while
preserving that "boulevard ride".  (OK, it's the same ride, but at least
the front end doesn't feel as if I filled the tires with concrete.)
Triumph raised the front ride height in the early '70s to comply with the
US headlight height rules.

If you have a later Spitfire (with the raised front end) this is the way to
go.

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire  FM96062 UO

Succasunna, NJ USA
"There are three types of people in this world:
those that are good with numbers, and those that aren't."