Re: Wrenches (spanners in the UK)

To: ArthurK101 <ArthurK101@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Wrenches (spanners in the UK)
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 1998 09:40:58 -0800
Cc: livo@saglac.qc.ca, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

ArthurK101 wrote:

> In a message dated 98-01-03 18:04:23 EST, curry@wolfenet.com writes:

> >> In Canada however, their are two systems:
> >> metric and SAE.
> >>  I assume that the US is the same.
>
> > John,I use good ole' USA standard "inch measurement" tools on my Spit
>
> To add to the confusion regarding British built cars,  the Whitworth standard
> of measurement was another British system used by Brit car makers.

Art,I "gave" a good set of Whitworth tools away to the guy who bought my '52
MGTd
in 1975.  Looking back, I realize that was not very smart.  Thankfully, though,
haven't needed anything but the afore mentioned "good ole US tools" on my Spit.
Unfortunately, I had to invest in a set of "bad ole Metric" tools to work on
every
US car I have.  GO FIGURE!

Joe Curry