Re: center console 79 spit cal car

To: "Larry Hooven" <dirty_howi@hotmail.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: center console 79 spit cal car
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@scooter.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 21:57:54 -0500
At 10:52 PM 1/11/98 PST, Larry Hooven wrote:
>in pulling and replacing various parts, i noticed a great big gaping
>hole in the driver side cowling inside the car (the masonite???),  it
>appears that this is part of a masonite piece and not the actual floor
>pan,  it's up on the side next to the gas (petrol) pedal.  am i correct
>in thinking this is a masonite type piece that i can form in the skunk
>works at work? or is this part of the floor pan/tub.  tia.

Larry, pull out that Vicky Brit catalogue one more time, look on page 19.
Item 18 is the trans cover in either masonite or hi-tech ABS plastic.
("My Spit is better'n yours - it has ABS!")

Many owners have cut holes in the masonite.  The one on the drivers side is
surely for the clutch slave cylinder.   Betcha have a hole on the passenger
side too for the speedo drive and\or the trans filler plug.  (Talking
lefthand drive here.)

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire  FM96062 UO

Succasunna, NJ USA
"Q: How do Blonde brain cells die? A: Alone."