fuel cell

To: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: fuel cell
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 10:33:56 -0800 (PST)
A Fuel cell is an extravagant name for a (small) gas tank.  Dragsters
often use them.  I think they're usually plastic now, but I have seen
(photos) of homebuilt aluminum and steel ones.  (Homebuild by a pro, I
think... not something I'm about to try)

As for Apollo 13, I don't think the Saturn V ran on premium pump gas.  It
*was* a fuel cell that blew up (I saw the movie!!), but the actual spark
was from one of the components that stirred the liquid gases.

-Malcolm