Re: undercoating

To: "Gano, Ken" <kengano@advant.com>
Subject: Re: undercoating
From: fred thomas <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 16:40:48 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Gano, Ken wrote:

>     Any opinions regarding undercoating?  The local parts store has two
> different products (maybe more).  One suggests "rubberized" and the other
> looks like it's asphalt based.  I want the best product I can put on and
> (hopefully) paint over.   I have been told to find a Ford product called
> "Stone Guard."  Is that my best choice?  Also, Eastwood lists a special gun
> for application of their product.  Is that type of gun necessary or can I
> get by with a regular spray gun?
>
> TIA
>
> kengano@advant.com
> TR3A TS57756
> Model 10 (being moved home soon!)

Ken, if you can get to a new car dealer (Ford-Chrysler) they have a clear
product that will go over your paint job and not show. They charge a arm
& leg through the sales dept. but if you go in the back and talk to guy
thats doing it he will help you out, trust me I know, 17 years at new car
dealerships.