Re: Engine Hesitation

To: Larry Wilcox <lwilcox@webzone.net>
Subject: Re: Engine Hesitation
From: Vic Whitmore <vicwhit@idirect.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 09:11:30 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, Mike Wilcox <kensei@isc-durant.com>
I would suspect the carb is gummed up and resulting in a very lean
condition as soon as the throttle is opened. Check the needle and seat.
The needle in mine had a coating all around and for the full length of
the needle. I disassembled the carb and cleaned all teh parts. Castle
carb cleaner worked great but I'm sure there are others. Re-assembled,
re-tune and the problem was gone except for some minor tuning to clear
some higher RPM hesitation.

Vic Whitmore
76 Spitfire
Thornhill, Ontario