Re: TR3B Flywheel

To: Ashley Southgate <ashleys@es.co.nz>
Subject: Re: TR3B Flywheel
From: Chris Rodgers <The.4.Rodgers@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 1998 23:32:21 +1300
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Well if fast road means higher revs, then you would want to go for a
middle weight flywheel to retain some low tractability and to less
hinder the engine in the upper range.

This is only a theory, of course.

I'm no expert!

(drive a 4 and see if you like the engine response, as compared to you
3b.  Don't know whether a vanguard uter is a suitable comparison, I
personally try to forget that the two companies were ever related ;-})

OH!!!!!!

I just realised that you are a kiwi (like me!)....I have never ever seen
a 4 on the road here, might be a little harder to find, I though you
might have been in southern california where it never rains, they've
never heard of 2.5 saloons and tr3s/4 are thicker on the ground......)

Best regards....let me know what you decide on!

Chris Rodgers
Palmerston North

PS - a dude here has just about finished his Valencia Blue TR5 PI.

I dribble thinkin of it, and can't wait to see it mobile!

(he's rebuilt it from a wreck found in a market gardeners' shed...)