More clutch help please

To: Woody <smctr8@aol.com>, triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: More clutch help please
From: Bollen <bollen@ibm.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 1998 20:01:23 -0500
Cc: Woody <smctr8@aol.com>, TR8 <tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu>
Ok. I took one listers tip and put a small socket over the end of the
pushrod. This only added about 1/4" o the length, but I had to tighten
down the slave cylinder with a wrench for the last 1/8" because it
wouldn't seat against the bell housing by hand. This tells me there is
no free play between clutch arm and cylinder. Even with this mod it
still crunches going into reverse. To confirm matters, I drilled a hole
in the housiong so I could actually see the rod. It starts to move after
only 1/2" clutch pedal travel. So what the heck is wrong?
Stu