Re: Help, Broken Bleeder Screw

To: Brad Kahler <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Subject: Re: Help, Broken Bleeder Screw
From: Martin Libhart <mlibhart@feist.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 09:31:02 -0600
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
BraD:

My experience only....

The bleeder fittings are a fairly soft metal.  E-Z Out didn't work for me, just
twisted
in the soft metal.  I drilled out the bleeder fitting as close as I could
WITHOUT
touching the actual threads in the caliper.  A tap then cut thru the remaining
fitting
metal quite easily while also cleaning out the threads.  New fitting installed
with no
problem.

Martin Libhart
1972 TR6