Re: TR6 Carpet Question

To: gklein@toad.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Carpet Question
From: rgb@exact.com
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 08:34:37 1998
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
My only gripe with the VB OEM set complete with pads and clips
for the TR6 was the black boot on the chestnut carpet.

The TRF set was a little better quality and had the correct brown
boot for the brown color (OEM carpet color for seats in Chestnut,
New Tan and others).

Both sets are a really nice fit and I would recommend either. These
are the most expensive nylon sets from each company.  I really liked
the fact that the VB set included all hardware, clips, and pads.  If
you buy TRF you should order the kit and pads separately.

As an aside, my experience earlier with "wool" carpet was a failure,
too much money, black faded from the sun, and worn spots from my
sun glasses laying on the hump.  Not to mention the smell when wet...
Unless its one of the the 10 "pure" show cars, buy the "best" nylon.
Why do you think BL switched to nylon anyway... cheaper, stronger,
does not fade, does not wear.

Roger

--
Roger G. Bolick, rgb@exact.com 512-794-9567, FAX 345-2879