Re: TR3a m/c innards

To: JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com
Subject: Re: TR3a m/c innards
From: Allen Nugent <A.Nugent@unsw.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 12:03:35 +1100 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Jim,

At 13:42 18/03/98 -0500, you wrote:

>     I sent my brake and clutch master cylinders to White Post, who did a
>     nice job boring and re-sleeving them with brass. When they came back,
>     however, the springs and the end pieces that hold the small rubber cup
>     against the end (inlet) of the cylinder were missing.

I found a broken spring in my TR7 clutch m/c, and TR Spares said,
"replacement not available". Balls. I found one at Sydney Clutch and Brake
Exchange. It's the kind of place that supplies garages with reconditioned
cylinders or parts for them. The guy couldn't find my spring under
"Triumph", but he did under "Girling". It's the Yellow Pages for you, my son!

Allen Nugent
Graduate School of Biomedical Engineering
University of New South Wales
Sydney  2052  Australia