TR4A HP

To: pjthomas01@snet.net
Subject: TR4A HP
From: "Chris Lillja" <Chris_Lillja@Pupress.Princeton.Edu>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 17:52:01 EST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
104 Is the figure I've seen quoted most often. Man, if it was 140 we could
really kick
some Miata butt!

As food for thought -- in the Street Tuning Section of competition preparation
manual
Kastner says that 10.2/1 compression, mild porting, and a mild cam will give
120hp "With
fine reliability" and a header is good for 5 or 6 more hp (TR4). I figure the
stock TR4A
4 in to 2 type manifold is very, very close to this. (I was amazed how smooth
and clean
mine was inside. I'm adding a dual exhaust just to be sure. I tend to belive
him about
the hp increase as he had a chassis dyno to play with...

More food for thought -- Kastner mentions that the racing wet-liner TR engines
were
putting out hp in high 150's.... from what I understand, folks have done even
better
since... ;>)
Christopher M.Lillja
Marketing Associate