tranny installation

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: tranny installation
From: HMENTZEN <HMENTZEN@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 18:12:43 EST
I  am ready to install a rebuilt tranny in my
Spit  (79). I've put in a new clutch and used the plastic alignment tool . ON
my first attempt to put in the tranny, I got the top bolts to catch but the
bottom of the bellhousing wouldn't mate (1.5 " off) .  I have pulled the
tranny out  and loosened the clutch and reset the alignment tool for the input
shaft. Any hints would be appreciated. Does raising the motor help in
installation?  How or what type of persuasion woulld help with the
installation? TIA
Hans Mentzen