Re: tranny installation

To: HMENTZEN <HMENTZEN@aol.com>
Subject: Re: tranny installation
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 1998 16:38:29 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hans,  If you are installing the Tranny from inside the car, it probably
would help for you to raise the rear of the engine.  At least enough to
ensure that there is ample movement of the tranny without binding.  You
should be able to slide the tranny all the way up against the engine
once the shagt splines are in place.  What ever you do, don't use the
bolts to force the tranny onto the mounting surface.  More harm than
good can come from that method.  Rotating the tranny and wobbling it
side to side should align the splines if the alignment tool works
properly.

Joe Curry

--

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer