Re: Stinky ol' Spitfire #3 (fuel pump)

To: Atwell Haines <carbuff@scooter.net>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Stinky ol' Spitfire #3 (fuel pump)
From: tomomalley@hey.net (Tom O'Malley)
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 17:37:38 GMT
Atwell writes...

>Should I replace it with another stock pump, or do electric fuel pumps
>offer clear reliability or cost advantages?   If I go the electric route,
>what do I need to convert?
>Atwell Haines
>'79 Spitfire  FM96062 UO (On the road and LOVING it!)

Can't comment on the electric alternative but when my original pump
died a few years back, I replaced it with one made by Beck- Arnley.
It think it was made it Italy.

I only bother mentioning it because unlike the stamped steel offerings
from the big three, it was pretty good looking.  A nicely made
aluminum casting with a series of screws holding it together. Very
cobby.  More like the original Spitfire fuel pumps.  I suppose it's
also rebuildable but I don't know were you'd find the parts.

Oh...and it works fine. :-)

Cheers!
Tom O'Malley
'74, '77 spits