Re: Elec Fans vs Efficiency

To: Bwfox <Bwfox@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Elec Fans vs Efficiency
From: Chad & Ariane Jester <triumph@terraworld.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 21:24:27 -0600
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
List,

Efficiency has a lot to do with new cars having electric fans.  Crank
driven fans (whether they are direct mounted or with a viscous clutch)
require a lot of energy to turn at speed when you're travelling down the
road, and really don't need the fan to move air across the radiator.
When you're stuck in traffic and all you have to move air is the fan, it
is not working at top efficiency.  That is why an electric fan makes
perfect sense.  It is on when you need it and off when you don't!

Regards,

Chad Jester