No more Celulose paints in the UK???

To: triumph owners digest <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: No more Celulose paints in the UK???
From: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 10:39:46 +0000
I have heard some very worying news about celulose paints.  I.E. there
going to become very hard to get hold of.  Apparently because of some
new regulations on emmissions that are taking effect only people that
are deamed fit to use the paints safely will be allowed to buy the
paints.  In other words profesionals that use the paints to make a
living.

>From May 1998 you will need to convince the paint factor that you have
facilitys to use the paint safly to buy it.  Big paint factors are
already tightening up.  It's still beeing made until demand stops, but
can you get hold of it.

According to Pratical Classics there are three methods of getting the
paint as far as they can see.

1.  Use any means fair or foul to convice them you can use it.
2.  Hire a spray booth.
3.  Get in a pro.

All in all, a respray of a 1 foot square pannel could go from 10 pounds
to 100 pounds.   Eeeeeeeek.

Anyone know any more on this.
--
James Carpenter
Yellow '79 spit wired by a trained marmot