Electric Tach

To: Triumphs Mail List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, Spitfire Mail List <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Electric Tach
From: Edward Hamilton <hamilton@ptd.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 1998 22:13:44 -0500
Thanks to the extensive assistance from list member Tom O'Malley, the
electric's on my '80 Spit have been made "just about" right.  The
electric tach however, operates in a peculiar fashion.  After starting
the engine, it takes approximately thirty seconds before the tach comes
to life.  After which is seems to work perfectly.
I've removed, disassembled and cleaned the gauge.  I did notice that it
requires a bit of force to initiate initial movement of the needle.
After which, it moves quite freely.  I'm reluctant to put a drop of oil
in there without taping the groups experience on the subject.

Best regards,
Ed Hamilton