Re: TR3 glovebox material

To: JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com
Subject: Re: TR3 glovebox material
From: Justin Wagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 1998 18:54:16 -0800
Cc: Triumph News Group <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com wrote:

>      Hi list,
>      Has anyone any ideas about what material I could use to make a new
>      glovebox? I don't want to use that cardoard-like stuff as my car
>      isn't, and will likely never be, waterproof.
>      Thanks,
>      Jim Wallace

I can highly recommend STYRENE plastic.

Look in your yellow pages under plastic...

1/8" would probably be perfect.

To cut it, you can score it with a mattknife and bend to break.

You can glue it with "WELD ON"....  just like acrylic.  Weld-On is
watery, enters seams through capillary action, and sorta fuses the
plastic together.

Others will suggest aluminum... this is good too... but may be more
difficult for the average guy with minimum shop tools, etc.

I have not built a glove box before... but I have used Styrene
extrensively for the last 5 years to make movie props, etc.

--Justin
--Justin