Arkay turbos for tr6, tr7

To: tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Subject: Arkay turbos for tr6, tr7
From: Jason Clark <gjclark@uxa.ecn.bgu.edu>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 10:03:13 -0600 (CST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

While waiting for my SO to get out of class last night, I browsed the
local library auto books section and came across the following:

Chilton's Guide to Turbocharged Cars and Trucks by Mike Stone
(C) 1984 by Chilton Book Company

In the chapter 'Who's Who in Turbo Kits' I read the following:

{BEGIN}
Arkay and its owner Kas Kastner leave little doubt that they are into
turbocharging "sporty little cars" in a big way....  This is no surprise,
however, if one realizes that the distinguished Mr. Kastner spent years
terrorizing sports car tracks and a few competitors with his aggressive
driving style and well prepared sports cars - cars he prepared so well, in
fact, that he later became U.S. Competition Director for Triumph
automobiles.

(technical stuff, including stuff about VWs deleted)

...A Weber DCOE [is used] on the Triumph TR-7, and SUs on most other
carbureted Arkay kits.  In all, there are approximately 15 kits offered at
present including three British cars (TR-6, TR-7, MGB)....

Installation times will vary...the TR-6 system, for example, should take
only 8-10 hours to install.
{END}

There's also a couple relevant pictures & captions:

"Want more power for your TR-6?  Call Kas Kastner at Arkay, the Triumph
turbo expert." - pic of a TR6-turbo'd engine

"Not even sure it was a TR-8 that blew you off?  Arkay has a turbo kit for
your TR-7.  With a little work, it might even fit a Saab 99."

The address and phone given was:

Arkay
14009 S. Crenshaw Blvd.
Hawthorne, CA 90250
(213) 675-9161

Not suprisingly, the phone is disconnected.  Anyone know what happened to
these guys?  Anyone ever seen one of their kits?

-jason

Jason Clark
gjclark@uxa.ecn.bgu.edu

No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity.
But I know none, and therefore am no beast.

Shakespeare, _Richard III_