Re: Tierods

To: chand@primenet.com
Subject: Re: Tierods
From: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 1998 14:05:49 +0000
Cc: jbonina@nectech.com, triumph owners digest <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
I have the oppersite problem, this time removing them.  I have removed
the niloc nut, this is on the right hand tie rod, and the lock is so the
car turns right.  This is to give me good access to the tierod.  How do
I remove this without getting the angle grinder to it.  The stud is not
moving any were.  Where abouts should the stearing wheel be to put the
least force on the tie rod.  After hitting it a bit, I managed to
unsease it, which was the reason for removing it, but I don't trust it,
and wan't to replace it.

Is is supposed to be this dificult to remove on the lock, or is it just
beaing stubben.

Thanks

James
--
James Carpenter
Yellow '79 spit wired by a trained marmot