Re: Center Dash Support

To: Justin Wagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Subject: Re: Center Dash Support
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mdporter@rt66.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 1998 22:27:58 -0700
Cc: "Mark S. Lepore, MD" <Sirmoog@ix.netcom.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Justin Wagner wrote:

> Hi Mark....
>
> I drove my first TR 4A with that thing removed, for some time, as I was
> restoring it... and I noticed a significant amount of flex in the
> dash... enough to make me feel that the piece is essential...     And

I can confirm that the dash support does some good. Mine is still out
after doing a clutch job (no holes punched in the carpet, so getting the
buggering bolts in requires more time than I've had lately). Dash does
shake some.

> metal, painted black...looks great...I like it...but it's no longer
> padded... and this could be a concern for people thick legs!)

Well, don't think it's just the thick-legged types who suffer. I find
that after three hours in the car with the dash support installed, I
have a near-permanent dent in my right leg--it's pretty much wedged
against the left-hand side of the dash support (6'4" in a GT6). I've
gone so far as to consider making a new one with strap on that side to
replace the bulge in the casting.

Cheers.

--
My other Triumph runs, but....