Replacement Spitfire exhaust strap

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Replacement Spitfire exhaust strap
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 07:14:39 -0700
>Maybe its time to redesign that little puppy or just provide more
>rubber around the bolt hole opening.  I've seen this same hanger
>arrangement on any number of vehicles.  Maybe its time to put
>something from a Chevy or Ford on my LBC!!!!
Mazda used a very nice moulded rubber strap about 2-1/2, 3 inches long,
about 1/2 inch thick with full radiused ends and steel inserts in the both
holes.  They were used in the RX2/3 and 7 models and probably others as
well.  They are still available at any good muffler shop and work great for
hanging exhaust components (which is what they were designed for)  I have
used them for years and while not concourse, they sure outlast the old
reinforced, "cut from the tread of a tire" type straps.

72 V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (project)
73 Ford Courier (parts hauler, rain vehicle, getting a V6 soon!)