Re: wiring question

To: "Peter Zaborski" <peterz@merak.com>
Subject: Re: wiring question
From: "Russell Bury" <russell_bury@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 17:36:54 -0700
Cc: <Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Peter,

I think your concern is valid.  I own a '73 TR6 which gets driven about
1000 miles a year.  I've had this LBC for 9 years and the engine was
rebuilt professionally by the previous owner.

In the  first couple of months that I owned the LBC I took off the
oil pan and plastic gauged the main and rod journals just to get a
warm fuzzy over the rebuild.  Right on specs!

In the fourth year of ownership the LBC developed a main bearing
knock.  I felt the possibility of excessive bearing wear was a potential
problem due to the infrequent driving of the car.  My fears came to be.

As far as I'm concerned the "dry starts" are a problem for a car that
is not driven every 3-4 days.  I'll be rebuilding this summer and I'll
put on a "pre-oiler" to protect my investment in parts and labor.

What's another $450-500 bucks when you've already got thousands
invested?

Russell Bury
'73 TR6 (Love It-but seldom drive it)
Augusta, GA