Re: TR4A Questions

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR4A Questions
From: Ashley Southgate <ashleys@es.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 22:01:51 +1200
This is a note i sent to John sometime back>
>>John Middlesworth
>>
>H! John, You have got me thinking when did SU take over from Z-S carbs. I
have just received a reply re TR4A that is in Triumph World 18,shows Earl
Court TR with Z-S carbs October 1966.I was at this show but cant remember
this car.This TR4A was built in September 1966 CTC 72451. I meet a chap
about November 1966 who had brought a new 4A in July 1966 & this 4A had Z-S
carbs.Another puzzle is that i have my owners handbook that came with my
TR,3rd edition 1st print dated 2/66 & it has the supplement for tuning SU
carbs,yet i got my TR in December 66.I will be getting in touch with the
owner of the Earls Court TR4A,my TR is about 900 cars after his.  Cheers Ashley.