Re: Master Cylinder intechangeability

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Master Cylinder intechangeability
From: Alan Camhi <camhi@symbol.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 14:22:47 -0400
Hi everyone,

I'm sending this out again because i will not be in on Friday(I have access to
the internet only at work) and will not be able to see any replies.  Also, I
plan on doing the install tomorrow so I need info quickly.  Thanks for putting
up with my nagging.

Hi everyone,

Quick question.......Is the TR3 Master cylinder interchangeable with the TR4.
I received my new M/C from Truechoice and when looking in my manuals I noticed
that the boot area that surronds the push rod ass'y is different.  It appears
that the M/C I'm replacing also is not original.  It has a screw in reservoir.

The stamping on both the old and new is 70 GIRLING.  I guess "70" is the bore
size.  Is this correct for a TR4(1965)?

Last question....can i use teflon tape to seal my reservoir against leakage?  I
am using DOT 3/4 castrol brake fluid.

My guess is that this unit will work but I want to get a confirmation before I
install it.

Thanks for any advice,

Alan Camhi
'65 TR4

P.S.  I payed $54 for it.  Apple Hydaulics was charging $95.  Plus, I can a
refund if it doesn't fit.  Not too shabby.