Re: Master Cylinder intechangeability

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Master Cylinder intechangeability
From: cloughbt@batman.flight.wpafb.af.mil (Bruce T. Clough)
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 11:08:09 -0400
Should have jumped on this thread earlier - that's what work does to you!

The TR3 and TR4 master cylinders are not interchangeable.  Well, maybe "damn
hard" is more like it.  The problem isn't the bore, it's the reservoir.  TR3s
had a remote unit, while it was built in on the TR4 unit.  You could build a
remote unit for the TR4, but probably not worth the hassle.  I have put TR4
units in TR3s with much success.

When I was younger, and more stupid (hard to believe, eh?) I drove a TR4 set
for a 0.75 bore with a 0.7 master cylinder.  Worked fine.  Replaced it with the
0.75 unit.  Stroke changed a bit but braking remained similar.

...usual disclaimers apply...

Bruce Clough